June 04, 2007

black magic

My drivers wife has been sick, I managed to determine that she had a pretty bad cough. Not so out of the ordinary I've had a nasty cough or two here in the past year, I attribute a lot of it to the pollution, which i never had living in Bangkok, so I guess the conclusion must be that Jakarta is worse off pollution wise than Bangkok.

Anyway I mentioned this to an Indo friend of mine and the next time she saw my driver she had a conversation with him, of which I could only follow a little.

Translation is that somebody in her family put a spell on her, she had been coughing up a lot of blood, which occurred somewhat suddenly and is obviously not normal, thus there is no other explanation other than a magic spell....

Thankfully she is ok now, but she needs to visit a magic doctor to ensure she is all ok.
(that will cost, however.)

a link to another article about witchcraft in indonesia http://hometown.aol.com/divadelaluna/witch2k.htm

and another...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/3247290.stm

1 comment:

liam said...

As a follow up, I had been wondering if she had TB or something,coughing up a lot of blood is not a good thing.

Anyway she went to the hospital and had a chest xray etc.

I needed to pay the bill for them, but what would happen if i didnt, guess she'd die. :( there's no real social support outside family and the mosques here.