June 17, 2007

golf in asia

One of the pleasant things about living in asia is the quality and availabilty of decent golf courses.
Particularly in Asia, its a place to find some greenery, sounds of birds, water and a fresh breeze. Not really all that expensive either.
just done the road from me is a golf course, i visited the other day (since i'm on holidays i've got plenty of spare time :) )
the greens are lovely, the course has food stalls every few holes (including beer), this particular course had a wierd pink and green knickerbocker uniform for the caddies, who are usually quite pleasant and generally reasonably helpful regarding your golf game.
i wont tell you my score though, it was pretty miserable! haha. and also unfortuanately (for me) when i enquired about membership.... waiting list.....
hmmm - much like the MCC membership list I've been on for the last 15 years, though apparently I should get that sometime this year :) so plenty of cricket and Aussie rules football on its way for me!






No comments: