May 11, 2007

mai pen rai attitude


I have a very nice watch, its an Omega Seamaster and about 40 years old, belonged to my father first. For years I've had to use non-omega watch bands with it since the Omega Dealership and registered repairer in Bangkok, where i used to live told me that omega do not make band to fit this style of watch anymore, I asked them could they purpose build one, answer no!

recently my band on the watch broke again and looking for it to be repaired was proving difficult. I asked some friends what to do with it....

and guess what? Genuine Omega Spring Bars

Omega do make pins and bands to fit it - the all too common thai sales attitude of cannot do, dont have, mai pen rai had been at play again!

I didn't even realise. Having lived in thailand for a number of years, I like to think that i'm reasonably savvy when it comes to cultral idiosyncracies so why did i think that an authorised Omega dealership would be any different! Wot an idiot I am. Guess i'll get it fixed next time i am in Aus.....

No comments: