July 18, 2007

Hobbies...

Hobbies.....
Well, more of a project really. As a kid I used to love making plastic model air planes and tanks etc.... I used to always say I'd love to make a wooden model ship one day. And so, one day my wife bought me a kit for my birthday. I have been working on it for years ..... . drilling, hammering, gluing, sculpting etc. I find that I work on it in short bursts.... and other times don't touch it.

Apart from some of the metal pieces, I pretty much need to build, cut to length and shape and generally construct everything.....

Really enjoy it - and it looks good (IMO)

Anyway - last week or two I've been excited again about it - so thought I'd post some piccies. (dont have them all from the beginning tho....)

here is the oldest pic I have - the hull has been completed (internal ribs plus 2 layers of planks) - some pieces on the decking have been built and added.Building the masts.....
building and adding the spars to the rear-most mastan action shot.... me working on the boat.I've been working on the rigging and netting .....will add more as I go, but dont hold your breathe ...haha - this is already a 4 year project!
............................................

some updated pics, i've added the sails for the backmast,

and now began to fashion all of the remaining cross mast pieces!


No comments: