April 03, 2007

Visa Runs

I've never needed to do visa runs before.... since I teach in International schools my work permits and visa's have always been sorted out. I had friends teaching in thailand that used to have to do a visa run to the border and back every few months and heard all the horror stories of packed busses getting stuck over the border, having overstayed visas and being fined, but it was not for me.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, since my lovely g/f is living with me in Indo and since she is thai - she is only allowed to stay in country for 30 days at a time.....

hmmm, so in 2 weeks w are flying to singapore for a weekend - (nice, but gets a little expensive, 30 days is not a long time.....)

aah well, the things we do.....

but if she was a western girl, she'd get 3 months at a time, just another example of racism in the world.... sigh.

No comments: