June 17, 2008

Diary tales of some minor house repairs.... or so I thought!

May 16th
The false ceiling on the carport had some mold growing, (sorry no pics) so I asked the landlord to send someone around to sort it out.


A couple of hours later, I unsuspectingly arrived home to a construction site, front and back, both floors of the house, they've decided to replace all.

Scaffolding in the front yard and back yard also, not sure how long this is gonna take, they've been at it half a week already.

May 31st
it is still going, 6 days a bladdy week! there's about 10 workers here today banging and crashing and fck knows wot! Grrrrrrrrrrr

June 10th
it is still on going. I recently found out that these workers get paid for the job plus a daily allowance.....
It is not rocket science is it? Surely the landlord thought to give them a maximum time frame to complete the job in.
now they are painting the entire house also

June 17th
Honestly, I could not make this up. They have even dug up all the pebbles in the garden and are washing them.
now they have begun entirely re-landscaping the front and back gardens, and a team has started on the inside upstairs, i think they are rebuilding the attic or something (I haven't gone upstairs to look yet.)

Perhaps my landlord misunderstood me, when i asked her to fix the single damp patch in the carport, she must have thought i said could she rebuild the entire house or something....

June 18th
The maid just told me this morning that they found a snake when cutting the garden.

No comments: