February 04, 2008

In response to complaining about Asian service

Previously I posted about frustrations with service here, however, it goes both ways, sometimes the service is terrible, sometimes terrific. Saturday past I had two of the terrific experiences.

Shopping in Seneyan Plaza I wanted to buy some shirts from G2000, they had a promotion on, if I bought 2 shirts I'd get another 2 free, but only if I had a BCA credit card.... unfortunately I did not, but since I wanted the shirts anyway, I told the staff I'd buy three.

I had the case out and was handing it over when the staff asked me to wait a moment, a customer behind me wanted to buy a single shirt, the same as mine, so the staff put all our shirts together on her credit card (with her permission) and allowed us both then to receive the promotion price!

Later that same day I had sunday brunch with a couple of friends, when I received the bill I noticed that the staff had taken notice that one of my friends had not drunk any alcohol and thus charged him less even though our booking was originally for him to do so!

Makes me remember that sometimes the service in Asia is fantastic! :)

No comments: